A NextGen Summer
Natural Lands’ NextGen Council invites folks in their 20s, 30s, and 40s to connect with us this summer. Enjoy fun, outdoor activities for families and adults, plus get to know each other and more about Natural Lands’ work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Pints on the Preserve at ChesLen Preserve
June 10, 2023
Family edition from 2:00-4:00pm
Families are invited to meet up for a few hours of fun and exploration. All activities are free, but registration is requested.
Activities at the pavilion:
- Learn what owls eat by dissecting owl pellets
- Make crafts to take home
- Pick up a scavenger hunt list and claim your owl tattoo prize once the hunt is completed.
- Enjoy lounging, lawn games, outdoor fun.
- Small snacks will be available for CASH-ONLY purchase.
- Pints for the grown-ups! (cash or credit card)
Activities in Ollie Owls Playground
- Search for clues for the OllieOwl Scavenger Hunt
- Climb logs, build stick tee-pees, hunt for bugs, explore small streams, and get a little dirty, tired, and inspired.
- Free play is encouraged and is a great way for kids to gain an appreciation for nature.
Ollie Owl’s NaturePlayGround is designed for children ages 4-12 years old, but older kids and adults have fun too. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Kiddos are encouraged to explore at their own pace, so stay and play as little or long as you like in this drop-in event.
Friday Night Lights at ChesLen Preserve
July 14, 2023
Join us at Friday Night Lights at ChesLen Preserve to enjoy live music, wine and beer, s’mores toasting, star gazing, and sunset socializing at one of the most beautiful settings in all of Chester County… What’s not to love?
Come an hour before the 7pm show (doors open at 6pm) for a happy hour to connect with NextGen and celebrate summer at its finest.
- Featured bands: Gooch and the Motion and The Billy Walton Band.
- Craft beer, wine and food truck fare will be available to purchase
- Local craft beer from East Branch Brewing Company and Animated Brewing Company
- Local cider and wine from Dressler Estate and Stargazers Vineyard
- Non-alcoholic Barley Tea by Deer Creek Malthouse
- Yummy food truck fare from Gourmet Jerk Shack, The Munchy Machine, and Brothers Food Truck
Launched in 2021, Natural Lands’ NextGen Council grew out of strategic priorities to build a younger and more diverse constituent base and evolve the region’s next generation of conservation leaders. Grounded in the broad intention to “spread the word, do good, and grow,” members of Natural Lands’ NextGen Council are leaders, opinion-shapers, and influencers who envision a future for our region in which conservation is universally held value and all communities are represented, welcomed, engaged, and invested in the outdoors.