- This event has passed.
Pints on the Preserve
June 10, 2023 | 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
East Branch Brewing Company will be pouring suds at the Lenfest Center pavilion. Enjoy refreshments with a take-your-breath-away view.
Pair your pint with a…
- …hike! ChesLen Preserve includes nearly 1,300 acres and more than 14 miles of trails to explore.
- …picnic! Bring a picnic to enjoy with your favorite pint.
- …fun time with friends! Bring a chair or picnic blanket and enjoy a get together with friends and family on the Lenfest Center’s back deck or the covered pavilion.
2:00 – 4:00pm: Natural Lands’ Next Gen Council invites families to meet up for a few hours of fun and exploration. All activities are free, but registration is requested.
Activities at the pavilion
- Learn what owls eat by dissecting owl pellets
- Make crafts to take home
- Pick up a scavenger hunt list and claim your owl tattoo prize once the hunt is completed.
- Enjoy lounging, lawn games, outdoor fun.
- Small snacks will be available for CASH-ONLY purchase.
- Pints for the grown-ups! (cash or credit card)
Activities in Ollie Owl’s NaturePlayGround
- Search for clues for the Ollie Owl Scavenger Hunt
- Climb logs, build stick tee-pees, hunt for bugs, explore small streams, and get a little dirty, tired, and inspired.
- Free play is encouraged and is a great way for kids to gain an appreciation for nature.
- Ollie Owl’s NaturePlayGround is designed for children ages 4-12 years old, but older kids and adults have fun too. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
Kiddos are encouraged to explore at their own pace, so stay and play as little or long as you like in this drop-in event.
ChesLen Preserve is the largest privately owned nature preserve open to the public in Chester County. Miles of marked hiking trails lead visitors through shady woodlands, flower-filled meadows, farm fields, and stream valleys.
Visitors can also explore Ollie Owl’s NaturePlayGround, where young explorers can climb logs, build stick tee-pees, hunt for bugs, explore small streams, and get a little dirty, tired, and inspired. Free play is encouraged and is a great way for kids to gain an appreciation for nature.
- Seating options may be limited so be sure to bring a chair or blanket.
- Light snacks will be available. For more substantial food options, consider bringing something with you.
- No outside alcohol permitted.
- Well-behaved, leashed dogs are welcome.
Register for free to receive important updates and special event announcements.
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.
By registering for this event, I, as the participant, and/or parent or legal guardian of a minor participant, do hereby understand and acknowledge that by participating, in this, or any, Natural Lands’ event or activity, I am agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless Natural Lands, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein).
I further acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Program and related Activities and my and/or the Minor’s experience and capabilities, and believe that I and/or the minor are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation.
I fully understand that: (a) the Program and related Activities involve risks and dangers of damage to personal property and serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my and/or the Minor’s own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” as aforementioned; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I and/or the minor incur as a result of my participation or that of the Minor in the Activity.
I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Natural Lands or any of their “releasees” from all liability, claims, demands, losses, injuries, damage to property, or other damages on my and/or the minor’s account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releasees” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement I, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read this Agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by registering for this event, and have done so freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.