Natural Lands’ NextGen Council are leaders, opinion-shapers, and influencers. They see a future for our region in which conservation is a universally held value and all communities are represented, welcomed, engaged, and invested in the outdoors.
The advisory group works to:
- Raise awareness of Natural Lands throughout the region and promote opportunities for people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s to get involved in our work.
- Advise Natural Lands on ways to advance its mission with younger and more diverse constituents, keeping the next generation top of mind.
- Help evolve projects, programs, and events that build bridges between nature and younger audiences.
- Foster connections with populations in our region that have experienced inequitable access to nature
and encourage meaningful outdoor experiences through Natural Lands.
- Participate in valuable leadership and networking opportunities for young community members interested in the outdoors and conservation.
spread the word.
“Land for life. Nature for all.” These are the guiding principles of Natural Lands’ work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors. NextGen Council members are excited to talk about the importance of this work and share their passion with others.
NextGen Council members work to forge meaningful connections between people, nature, and our region’s environmental and economic health. Council members support initiatives that generate awareness, engagement, and impact, especially among their peers.
Giving back can be personally beneficial, too. NextGen Council members take on leadership responsibilities and expand their professional and personal networks. They deepen their understanding of on-the-ground and policy-level conservation initiatives, the environmental issues affecting our region, and non-profit organizations.
NextGen Council members:
- Are in their 20s, 30s, or 40s
- Are passionate about open space preservation, outdoor recreation, land conservation, and ensuring that all people have access to open space
- Attend the majority of NextGen Council quarterly meetings and events and play an active role in supporting the NextGen Council and Natural Lands’ work
- Support NextGen Council efforts by sharing their perspective, passion, and interest with the Council and their personal and professional networks
- Serve at least one two-year term
- Make a personally-meaningful annual contribution
- Are committed to Natural Lands’ values