Amateur photographers are welcome and encouraged to take photos or videos. (Tag them with #NatLands when posting to social media!) Here are some guidelines and restrictions.
- Photography must not interfere with the enjoyment of other visitors or create any safety concerns.
- Lights, dollies, or other equipment is not permitted. Vehicles are not permitted beyond the designated preserve parking area/s.
- Photographers and subjects must remain on the marked hiking trails. Tree climbing is prohibited.
- During your visit you may be filmed, videotaped, and/or photographed by a Natural Lands employee, volunteer, or contract photographer. Your entry to the preserve serves as your permission for the use of your image by Natural Lands and its constituents.
- We invite and encourage you to send us digital copies of your photographs for use in our publications and online! Email us to share your favorite shots.
for the pros
Professionals wishing to use the preserves for paid photo shoots must pay an annual usage fee in order to do so. Benefits of this include:
- Priority access to all of Natural Lands’ preserves for photo shoots.
- Listing on our website. Individuals who contact us interested in hiring professional photographers will be referred to this listing.
- Annual listing in our magazine.
- Annual listing on social media, including on our Facebook page, where we have more than 11,000 followers.
For details, contact Kirsten Werner, director of communications.