Register yourself or your team here.
- Teams are twice the fun! Create a team with your friends, family, and co-workers.
- Teams can be 2 to 25 people. Have more than 25? Create multiple teams for some friendly competition.
If you’re collecting pledges:
- Create your own fundraising page (available when you register) where you can share your story and collect pledges.
- Estimate the number of miles you will walk, hike, or jog in a month and include that number on your fundraising page or pledge form so that your sponsors have an idea of how much they will be donating.
- Set a fundraising goal. We suggest a minimum goal of $250. That’s only 10 people sponsoring you $1 per mile for 25 miles (only 6.25 miles per week!).
- Tell your friends, family, and co-workers why you support Natural Lands’ mission to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors, and why they should sponsor you.
- Ask for pledges—they can be any amount per mile or a flat donation.
Psssssst… have you seen the cool Trek-a-Thon merch?
Don’t forget to ask your coworkers… and the boss, too!
- Create a company team to maximize the fun.
- Ask your employer to match your donation or pledge your team’s miles.
Log your miles from June 1 to June 30.
- You may use any tracking app you would like. Don’t have a tracking app? There are lots of free tracking apps that you can download onto your smart phone including Strava, Apple Health, Google Health, Steps App, and Map My Walk.
- If unable to track your mileage using an app, you may estimate, but please be as accurate as possible.
- Mileage is on the honor system.
Share your trekking experience on social media.
Ready to start your trekking adventure?