Sharp’s Woods Preserve
Sharp’s Woods Preserve is an island of nature surrounded by the suburban development of Easttown Township. The headwaters of the Darby Creek run through the woods, surrounded by a mix of meadows and marshlands.
Sharp’s Woods has the distinction of being Natural Lands’ first nature preserve!
In 1953, Natural Lands purchased 15 acres of woodlands from the estate of Mary Morris—thus establishing the then-fledgling organization’s first nature preserve. The preserve has grown in size since that time with purchases of adjacent parcels.