Natural Lands Trust is pleased to administer the PECO Green Region Open Space Program. Recognizing that open space in our communities is a crucial element of the quality of our lives, the PECO program awards grants for southeastern Pennsylvania municipal efforts to preserve, protect, and improve open space.
Underlying the program parameters is PECO’s endorsement of deliberate planning for open space protection by municipalities as a means to encourage the wisest use of scarce resources. Municipalities can use PECO Green Region grants in combination with other funding sources to cover a wide variety of planning and direct expenses associated with developing and implementing their open space programs.
Grant applications are reviewed by a committee composed of county government officials, members of the region’s non-profit land conservation community, and PECO representatives.
- Any township, borough, city, or regional recreational authority within PECO’s service territory in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or York counties (eligible applicants must receive gas and/or electric service from PECO).
- Within the City of Philadelphia, including all incorporated nonprofit neighborhood organizations (such as “Friends of” groups).
- PECO does not make grants to individuals or to religious organizations (unless programs are non-denominational).
December 31, 2016
Adobe® Reader® is required for PDF versions; click here to download.
- 2016 Application - WORD | 2016 Application - PDF
- 2016 Program Guidelines - WORD | 2016 Program Guidelines - PDF
- 2016 Sample Resolution - WORD | 2016 Sample Resolution - PDF
Patrick Gardner, PECO Green Region Open Space Program Administrator
c/o Natural Lands Trust
1031 Palmers Mill Road
Media, PA 19063