Saunders Woods Preserve
Saunders Woods Preserve is a natural oasis for wildlife and community residents in the heart of the Main Line. The Bridlewild Trail passes through the preserve and connects to a wider system of paths that wind through the community. A walk here reveals a lively forest habitat as well as an open meadow that is home to a variety of bird species.
8/10 of a mile northeast of Morris Avenue on Waverly Road
Donated to Natural Lands in 1988 by Dorothy Saunders, the property—originally known as “Little Farm”—has long been a place of refuge for both people and wildlife. For decades, the preserve’s trails and circa-1830 barn have welcomed families, students, scout troops, equestrians, and community members; the forest and meadows are home to a myriad of songbird species and other wildlife.