information on COVID-19 and Natural Lands’ response
The health and safety of Natural Lands’ visitors, volunteers, and staff is our first priority.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the novel coronavirus COVID-19 and are continuing to follow recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials.
Natural Lands’ nature preserves and Stoneleigh: a natural garden are open with some modifications to public access. All facilities, including restrooms, are closed to the public until further notice. Be the first to get updates and other news: natlands.org/signup
We ask our visitors for their cooperation in ensuring safety for all.
We welcome your visit, but require the following:
- Practice social distancing, keeping six feet between yourself and others.
- Hike, walk or recreate only with members of your household. Avoid gathering in groups.
- Wear a mask if you are unable to maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of your household (as required by the order issued on July 1, 2020, by the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health).
- Keep your dog on a leash and away from others at all times.
- Pick up after yourself. Please carry out everything that you take in with you, including dog waste and dog waste bags.
- If the parking lot is full, you must leave and visit another time. To avoid being ticketed or towed, park only in designated spaces.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Restrooms are closed so “go” before you arrive.
Stoneleigh: a natural garden, Natural Lands’ headquarters, the Lenfest Center, and Ollie Owl’s NaturePlayGround
- Stoneleigh: a natural garden is open to guests Tuesday through Sunday, 10 AM to 5 PM. All facilities, including the Welcome Kiosk, restrooms, and drinking fountains are closed at this time.
- Our headquarters building at Hildacy Preserve is closed to the public but open to staff on a modified schedule. All staff are working remotely when possible and can be reached via email or phone. If you leave a voicemail, staff will retrieve it remotely and return your call. Staff contact information is available here.
- The Lenfest Center at ChesLen Preserve is closed to the public, including rented use of the space, until further notice.
- Ollie Owl’s NaturePlayGround at ChesLen Preserve is closed until further notice.
social media and virtual events
- We invite you to join us on social media, where we will continue to bring nature to you with images of our preserves and Stoneleigh, and where we’ll be expanding the Natural Lands experience through live streaming, video, virtual hikes, and ask-an-expert online conversations. Learn more: natlands.org/outdoorsonline
We recognize that the situation is evolving and that our response may change depending on the guidance we receive from health officials in the various states and counties we serve. We will continue to update this page as needed.
Please know that we have never felt more committed to our mission and to you. The more than 120 miles of trails on our properties offer a perfect opportunity to engage in outdoor activity while, at the same time, experiencing the beauty and restorative nature of open space. We are so pleased to be able to offer this small but valuable public service at such a challenging time.
Thank you for supporting Natural Lands in our mission to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
- The CDC’s guidelines for individuals to help prevent the spread of illness
- Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Covid19 Update
- Guidance on Spending Time Outdoors, provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources