“Just as you cannot put a bell jar over a piece of land and believe that the natural resources you have protected will thrive, you cannot create a community that cares about conservation and its many benefits without first providing access to open space.”
—Molly Morrison, Natural Lands President
Nature sustains humans who sustain nature
The $10 million Campaign for Humans and Nature, a primarily endowment-based fundraising effort, is taking two cornerstones of Natural Lands’ mission—caring for nature and connecting people to the outdoors—to new levels of impact. With our December 31st campaign deadline in sight, we are reaching out to Natural Lands’ supporters to help secure the last $650,000 we need to meet our goal!
$8 Million for Endowment
- $5 million of the campaign is earmarked for stewardship endowment to support underfunded and unendowed preserves such as our 508-acre Sadsbury Woods and 126-acre Willisbrook Preserves in Chester County; 201-acre Green Hills Preserve in Berks County; and 321-acre Fulshaw Craeg Preserve in Montgomery County.
- $3 million of the campaign will build endowment to help sustain Natural Lands’ growing array of engagement programs—designed to inspire children, attract younger generations, foster nature-connections in underserved communities, and connect more people to the outdoors at our preserves.
$2 Million for Immediate Impact
- Campaign gifts are equipping our stewardship staff with the tools and resources they need to improve habitats for rare, threatened, and endangered species through science-driven restoration work.
- Campaign support is also enabling us to launch impactful new initiatives in the underserved communities of Pottstown, Coatesville, and Chester to help connect residents to open space in their own neighborhoods.
- Dedicated campaign funds will underpin the construction of Molly’s Bridge—a project to commemorate Molly Morrison’s legacy as Natural Lands President. When completed, Molly’s Bridge will provide a new pedestrian gateway to our 571-acre Stroud Preserve in Chester County.
We have an extraordinary opportunity—at an ideal moment in our organization’s history—to impact the future. “Nature sustains humans who sustain nature” is more than just a campaign tagline for Natural Lands and its caring, generous supporters. Together, we can guarantee the great joy of nature for generations to come. Join the Campaign for Humans and Nature today!