Reports to Preserve Manager
The Visitor Relations Representative will work at Natural Lands nature preserves to help deliver an inspiring guest experience. The Representative will welcome guests and provide information in furtherance of Natural Lands’ mission to connect people to the outdoors.
- Greet visitors at strategic locations on Natural Lands’ preserves and provide information about Natural Lands and the preserve.
- Respond to visitor questions and concerns. Direct concerns to others in the organization as appropriate.
- Educate visitors about appropriate use of the preserve, the reasons for our policies, and, when needed, engage with people who are not following preserve use policies. Particular attention will be paid to improving compliance with the organization’s policies regarding dogs.
- Help to monitor visitors and provide other reporting about visitation as needed.
- Maintain close communications with supervisor and preserve manager.
- Guest relations experience in a public setting such as a museum, zoo, etc, or similar experience in interacting with the public.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Enthusiasm for being outdoors. A passion for Natural Land’s mission and a strong desire to forge lasting relationships that support that mission.
- An engaging personality and even temperament under pressure. Previous training in conflict de-escalation and/or familiarity with Leave No Trace will be helpful.
- Candidates who have a well-trained dog that could accompany them to work are preferred.
- Training specific to this position will be provided. Must be able to successfully complete all required training.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check.
- Professional appearance and manner. Some Natural Lands attire will be provided.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions
- Position will require a flexible schedule with the ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Available transportation and the ability to travel throughout the region.
- Position requires walking the Preserve trails throughout a significant portion of the work day. Must be able to safely traverse trails that are unpaved and may be uneven, wet, steep and/or otherwise difficult to navigate.
- Requires occasional work in hot, cold and inclement weather.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-35 pounds and to walk and stand on uneven terrain;
- Ability to occasionally drive a company-provided ATV
Click here to apply using our online application system. Follow the application instructions to submit your resume and letter of interest. Address correspondence to Jeni W. Albany, Director of Human Resources.