Reports to Horticulturist
Natural Lands is seeking a seasonal Guest Relations Representative to deliver an inspiring, informed, inclusive and safe experience for guests. This position is expected to work roughly one third of the weekends from mid-March to mid-November from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm. The Guest Relations Representative will welcome guests and provide information in furtherance of Natural Lands’ mission to connect people to the natural world.
- Welcome guests as they enter the garden and assist in planning their time on-site.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for guest’s questions and concerns. Elevate more difficult concerns to supervisor as appropriate.
- Complete daily opening and closing activities of the welcome kiosk, ensure all guests have left the garden at the end of the day.
- Lead tours and assist with public events, educational programs, and membership activities.
- Conduct regular walkthroughs of gardens areas and guest amenities, ensure restrooms are clean and well-stocked.
- Guest relations experience in a public setting such as a garden, museum, zoo, etc., or similar experience in interacting with the public.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge/Experience with horticulture, land management, landscape history, native plants, etc. is a plus, though not required.
- Enthusiasm for being outdoors. A passion for Natural Land’s mission and a strong desire to forge lasting relationships that support that mission.
- An engaging personality and even temperament under pressure. Previous training in conflict de-escalation and/or familiarity with Leave No Trace will be helpful.
- Training specific to this position will be provided. Must be able to successfully complete all required training.
- Professional appearance and manner. Some Natural Lands attire will be provided.
- The ability to report to work on time.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions
- Position will require the ability to work weekends from mid-March to mid-November.
- Available transportation and the ability to travel throughout the region.
- Reach, lift, carry, push, pull for placement and setup of event support items (tables, chairs, signs, displays, etc.).
- Ability to lift and carry 20-35 pounds and to walk and stand on uneven terrain;
- Ability to drive a golf cart or UTV
Click here to apply using our online application system. Follow the application instructions to submit your resume and letter of interest. Address correspondence to Jeni W. Albany, Director of Human Resources.