Reports to Assistant Director of Building Stewardship
The Building Stewardship Assistant is responsible for assisting Building Stewardship staff. Duties will include building maintenance & repairs, maintenance of equipment and exterior structures. Work will include operation of power tools such as circular saws and drills. The Building Stewardship Assistant will be required to physically perform, as needed, any and all tasks necessary for the maintenance and/or repairs of any Natural Lands’ buildings. The position will primarily assist Building Stewardship staff in Chester, and Delaware counties, although may work from time to time at any of Natural Lands’ locations.
- Regular and consistent attendance;
- Travel to various work sites to assist Building Stewardship staff in completing assigned tasks which could include: cleaning, digging, painting, picking up supplies, carpentry, plumbing and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe worksite for workers and visitors.
- Maintain a pace to achieve reasonable production goals.
- Transfer of heavy equipment via truck and gooseneck trailer.
- Follow safe work practices, according to NLT’s stringent safety program, attending all designated educational or safety workshops. Using all appropriate PPE.
- Complete and submit timesheets, mileage logs and preserve reports on a timely basis.
- Highly motivated, responsible, reliable and dependable.
- Capable of performing a wide variety of physically demanding tasks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a good driving record.
- Customer service attitude and be comfortable working with the general public.
- Flexibility when dealing with changes in work plans.
- Must carry out tasks in a professional manner and have an aptitude for injecting positive energy into work and social situations.
- Adequate skills and a familiarity of the safe operation and care of basic hand and power tools.
- Willingness to perform subordinate tasks such as clean-up.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions
The Building Stewardship Assistant will be required to perform a wide array of physically demanding tasks as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. This may include sitting, standing, walking, climbing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs. This work occurs inside and out throughout the year. Must own and maintain essential personal tools.
Click here to apply using our online application system. Follow the application instructions to submit your resume and letter of interest. Address correspondence to Jeni W. Albany, Director of Human Resources.