Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, more than 2.5 million people live within five miles of lands under our permanent protection.
Natural Lands is pleased to announce an open position at Stoneleigh: a natural garden in Villanova, Pennsylvania. A seasonal Guest Relations Representative is sought to deliver an inspiring, informed, inclusive and safe experience for guests, by leading tours and assisting with events and educational programs. The Guest Relations Representative (GRR) will welcome weekend guests as they enter the garden and assist in planning their time on-site. They will serve as the primary point of contact for guest’s questions and concerns and will complete daily opening and closing activities of the welcome kiosk, ensuring that all guests have left the garden at the end of the day.
The Guest Relations Representative is expected to work roughly one third of the weekends from mid-March to mid-November from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Guest relations experience in a public setting such as a garden, museum, zoo, etc., or similar experience in interacting with the public.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge/Experience with horticulture, land management, landscape history, native plants, etc. is a plus, though not required.
- Enthusiasm for being outdoors. A passion for Natural Land’s mission and a strong desire to forge lasting relationships that support that mission.
- An engaging personality and even temperament under pressure. Previous training in conflict de-escalation and/or familiarity with Leave No Trace will be helpful.
- Training specific to this position will be provided. Must be able to successfully complete all required training.
- Professional appearance and manner. Some Natural Lands attire will be provided.
- The ability to report to work on time.
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION OR TO APPLY
Click here to apply using our online application system. Follow the application instructions to submit your resume and letter of interest. Address correspondence to Jeni W. Albany, Director of Human Resources.