Natural Lands is the region’s largest and most comprehensive conservation organization, saving many acres of open space each year! For more than 60 years, our mission has been to protect the forests, fields, wetlands, and streams that are essential to the sustainability and quality of life in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey.
Natural Lands is seeking an additional Carpenter to join the team caring for, updating, repairing, and sometimes restoring the structures on our preserves.
The successful candidates will have advanced skills and knowledge in the field of carpentry including:
- Project Planning, Knowledge of time and materials necessary to complete job, Knowledge of contract fees and specifications, Ability to improve design and execution as job progresses
- Construction, Excavation and grading , Masonry (foundations and flatwork), Structural and rough framing , Waterproofing and drainage, Light electrical, Light plumbing, HVAC , Metal working, Roofing and gutter work, Insulation, Finish carpentry, Drywall (hanging and finish)
- Light painting and prep, Salvage, Temporary supports and barriers, Disposal, Specifying, ordering and scheduling delivery of materials.
- The Carpenter will be required to perform a wide array of physically demanding tasks as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. This may include sitting, standing, walking, climbing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs. Regular and consistent attendance is required. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Own and maintain personal truck
- Own and maintain essential personal tools
This is a full-time, regular position on our staff. The successful candidate will be compensated commensurate with experience and will be provided with an outstanding benefits program, including health and dental, life and disability benefits, and a retirement plan with matching funds.
Click here to apply using our online application system. Follow the application instructions to submit your resume and letter of interest. Address correspondence to Jeni W. Albany, Director of Human Resources.