Reports to Vice President of Development
The Donor Data and Communications Manager will have primary responsibility for administering the Raiser’s Edge data base (including managing data base growth and functions) and troubleshooting on behalf of others; attending to all donor and constituent data entry; producing routine reports (including Natural Lands’ annual donor listing); supporting production of all gift solicitations and acknowledgements; maintaining donor records; and overseeing mailings directed by the Development Department and Communications and Engagement Department.
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge database – which houses all donor, event registrant, volunteer, and other constituent and prospect records – for Natural Lands.
- Maintain user accounts, global changes, gift entry, reporting, queries, and data clean-up projects with the goal of providing current, consistent, and accurate data.
- Develop and deliver clear and accurate reporting and tracking vehicles and instructions for reports, dashboards, data extracts, and accurate lists.
- Create and implement up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting and ensure all entries conform to procedures.
Gift Solicitation and Acknowledgement Support
- Manage daily gift entry, to include credit card gift processing.
- Process all gifts and oversee reconciliation with the Business Office.
- Establish procedures and reports that enable relationship managers to acknowledge donor gifts expeditiously.
- Manage and merge all acknowledgement letters – as well as tax documentation – for donors and other event participants in a timely manner.
Report and Records Management
- Assure accuracy of all data within the Raiser’s Edge database to enhance productivity.
- Reconcile and close monthly Development Department financial reports.
- Manage and reconcile the quarterly fundraising report to the Board of Trustees.
- Develop, run, and review donor reporting audits to ensure accurate gift entry and acknowledgements.
- Provide dashboard, reports, and data analysis as requested by members of the Development Department and Communications and Engagement Department.
- Produce mailing lists and queries for donor and constituent communications to support all Development Department and Communications and Engagement outreach.
- Process and track donor and sponsor pledges, invoices, and reminders.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Engagement Department to import and export information from events, volunteer projects, and other functions.
- Prepare the Natural Lands annual fiscal year donor listing, published each November; maintain additional on-line donor listings as campaigns and other fundraising necessitates.
- Set-up new events in Raiser’s Edge.
- Process all event registrations and event revenue.
- Enter new constituent data and manage all post-event processing.
- Provide ongoing and day-of assistance for events when ticketing and guest registration necessitate.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for others to manage ticketing and guest registration as appropriate.
General Data and Department Responsibilities
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for Raiser’s Edge as well as the primary Raisers Edge contact with Blackbaud.
- Control access to the Natural Lands Raiser’s Edge database.
- Implement procedures for protecting data integrity.
- Implement all upgrades to the donor database and integrate with tracking systems.
- Keep current on all software and system improvements.
- Participate in local and webinar trainings related to donor data management best practices.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested, including development-related events, major donor initiatives, and prospect research.
- Complete other tasks as requested by the Vice President of Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience with a non-profit Development Department.
- Aptitude for communicating technical information to non-technical team members.
- Superior problem-solving skills and strong ability to work well with others and across departments.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential information.
- Track record of accomplishment in a fast-paced Development Department.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions
- This is an office-based position, requiring frequent sitting for long periods, with occasional periods of walking, standing, bending and reaching.
- The position requires use of the computer and the telephone and sometimes handling large binders or file boxes.