Natural Lands, a vibrant, regional, nonprofit organization and leader in land conservation, natural resource stewardship, and public engagement, seeks a Carpenter to add to the Building Stewardship team; the team caring for, updating, repairing, and sometimes restoring the structures on our preserves.
Since the early 1950s, Natural Lands has saved open space, cared for nature, and connected people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Today, the organization is one of the nation’s largest regional land conservancies and is widely respected for its record of success, technical expertise, respectful and creative approach to partnerships, fiscal strength, and integrity.
Over the course of its nearly 70-year history, Natural Lands has helped preserve more than 125,000 acres. It owns and stewards 43 nature preserves and one public garden across two states and 13 counties. These 23,000 acres include many of the most spectacular and diverse properties in the region, which are enjoyed by more than 125,000 visitors annually. Natural Lands also holds more than 400 conservation easements on 22,000 additional acres, and assists local communities and municipalities, individuals, and partner organizations in pursuing open space and conservation goals. As a result, nearly five million people live within five miles of lands under Natural Lands’ protection.
Natural Lands is seeking an additional Carpenter to join the team caring for, updating, repairing, and sometimes restoring the structures on our preserves.
The successful candidates will have advanced skills and knowledge in the field of carpentry including:
- Project Planning, Knowledge of time and materials necessary to complete job, Knowledge of contract fees and specifications, Ability to improve design and execution as job progresses
- Construction, Excavation and grading , Masonry (foundations and flatwork), Structural and rough framing , Waterproofing and drainage, Light electrical, Light plumbing, HVAC , Metal working, Roofing and gutter work, Insulation, Finish carpentry, Drywall (hanging and finish)
- Light painting and prep, Salvage, Temporary supports and barriers, Disposal, Specifying, ordering and scheduling delivery of materials.
- The Carpenter will be required to perform a wide array of physically demanding tasks as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. This may include sitting, standing, walking, climbing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs. Regular and consistent attendance is required. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Own and maintain personal truck
- Own and maintain essential personal tools
This is a full-time, regular position on our staff. The successful candidate will be compensated commensurate with experience and will be provided with an outstanding benefits program, including health and dental, life and disability benefits, and a retirement plan with matching funds.
Click here to apply using our online application system. Follow the application instructions to submit your resume and letter of interest. All correspondence should be addressed to Jeni W. Albany, Director of Human Resources
Natural Lands seeks to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization stronger. We aim to build a workplace where employees feel empowered to be their full, authentic selves. We welcome you to explore a career at Natural Lands.
Natural Lands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.