Yoga in the Garden
Stoneleigh: A Natural Garden |
May 9, 2021 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Relax with an all-levels yoga class and meditation session guided by Christina Fittipoldi Alden. The gentle pace will allow time to linger in poses and build a deeper connection to the body using our breath.
Allow our inspiring garden to find your own renewal and re-awakening.
Please bring a mat, water bottle, and any props you may like to use. We’ll be outdoors so apply sunscreen and/or bug spray if needed. The health and safety of staff and participants is our highest priority during this event. Please review “before you go” details before you attend the event, for your safety and the safety of others. Masks are required while walking around; six-foot social distancing will be practiced.
For nearly 80 years, Stoneleigh was the home of the Haas family, which donated the property to Natural Lands in 2016 so that it would remain preserved forever.
The property includes stately trees, winding pathways, and lush gardens that were designed by a number of notable landscape architects over the past century—including the Olmsted Brothers, sons of the famed Frederick Law Olmsted.
- Meet at the Welcome Kiosk.
- We’ll be outdoors so apply sunscreen and/or bug spray if needed.
- Sorry, dogs are not permitted at Stoneleigh.
- Bring a large, FULL water bottle to stay hydrated. Water fountains are not available at this time. You may wish to bring a healthy snack, too.
- Restrooms will be open only during this event (otherwise closed to all garden guests).
Please help us all stay safe:
- Participants must wear a mask while walking around, once on your mat, the mask can be removed. As per PA Department of Health orders, you must wear a mask if you are unable to maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of your household, during this activity.
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- That I am participating in a yoga class/workshop/retreat, offered by Natural Lands, led by Christina Fittipoldi Alden, during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health. I recognize that yoga may require some physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the yoga class/workshop/retreat. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the yoga class/workshop/retreat.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the yoga class/workshop/retreat, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the yoga class/workshop/retreat, including following the CDC’s and State of Pennsylvania’s guidelines for the correct social distancing rules for COVID-19.
- I recognize that it is my responsibility to notify my teacher of pregnancy, any serious illness or injury before every yoga class.
Registration required to reserve your spot. Please complete and submit the secure, on-line registration form below, or call 610-353-5587 ext. 221. $15 Natural Lands member, $20 non-member.
Not already a member, or you need to renew? Purchase membership AND event tickets below!
- $65 new member ticket includes event ticket and one year of Natural Lands membership. As a thanks for your member support, members are able to purchase 2 additional tickets at member price.
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.
By registering for this event, I, as the participant, and/or parent or legal guardian of a minor participant, do hereby understand and acknowledge that by participating, in this, or any, Natural Lands’ event or activity, I am agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless Natural Lands, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein).
I further acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Program and related Activities and my and/or the Minor’s experience and capabilities, and believe that I and/or the minor are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation.
I fully understand that: (a) the Program and related Activities involve risks and dangers of damage to personal property and serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my and/or the Minor’s own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” as aforementioned; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I and/or the minor incur as a result of my participation or that of the Minor in the Activity.
I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Natural Lands or any of their “releasees” from all liability, claims, demands, losses, injuries, damage to property, or other damages on my and/or the minor’s account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releasees” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement I, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read this Agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by registering for this event, and have done so freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.