Winter Walk with Wine, Cheese…and Chocolate!
ChesLen Preserve | Sat, February 23, 2019, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
We’ll first bundle up and burn some calories hiking ChesLen’s wintery landscape. Then, back at the cozy Lenfest Cener, we’ll sample various wines and taste how they pair with cheeses and chocolates. Mmmmm!
Thank you to our friends at Éclat Chocolate for providing the delicious treats!
ChesLen Preserve is the largest privately owned nature preserve open to the public in Chester County. Miles of marked hiking trails lead visitors through shady woodlands, flower-filled meadows, fields of corn and soybeans, and stream valleys.
Visitors can also explore Ollie Owl’s NaturePlayGround, where young explorers can climb logs, build stick tee-pees, hunt for bugs, explore small streams, and get a little dirty, tired, and inspired. Free play is encouraged and is a great way for kids to gain an appreciation for nature.
- If the ground is heavily covered with snow or ice, the walk portion of the event will be cancelled, but the tasting will still occur.
- In case of hazardous weather and/or road conditions, the event will be cancelled. Please be sure to check your email and social media prior to the event. You may also call 610-353-5587 214 for updates.
- Should the event be canceled due to hazardous conditions, refunds will be issued. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing. If you wish, your refund could be used as a donation to Natural Lands….
- Please meet at the Lenfest Center.
- Dress for winter weather and chilly temperatures including warm layers, hat, gloves, and sturdy, waterproof boots.
- Please leave your four-legged friends at home.
Registration required to reserve your spot. Please complete and submit the secure, on-line registration form below, or call 610-353-5587 ext. 221. $25 Natural Lands member, $30 non-member.
Not already a member, or you need to renew? Purchase membership AND event tickets below!
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.