Volunteer – Spring Gardening
May 11 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Did you know more than 40,000 plants thrive at Stoneleigh: a natural garden? Grab gloves and join staff and fellow volunteers in weeding, planting, mulching, and other seasonal garden projects.
Volunteering with Natural Lands is a great way to learn more about the natural world, give your time to a great cause, and connect with like-minded people.
The health and safety of staff and volunteers is our highest priority during this volunteer event. Please review details below then proceed to register.
Before you go:
- Meet at the Welcome Kiosk.
- Dress for the season and wear sturdy shoes.
- Be prepared to be outdoors in chilly weather, potentially light precipitation.
- Sorry, dogs are not permitted at Stoneleigh.
What to bring:
- Bring your own work gloves.
- Bring small garden tools if you have them (some will also be available to use on-site).
- Bring a large, FULL water bottle to stay hydrated. Water fountains are not available at this time. You may wish to bring a trail snack, too.
Please help us all stay safe:
- Volunteers must wear a mask during the welcome circle and group gathering, and when you are unable to maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of your household, during this activity. Regardless of vaccination status.
- If you are sick, please stay home.
Capacity is limited for this small-group event, and pre-registration is required. If you need to cancel, please let us know so another volunteer can attend.
Please pre-register by clicking below. Questions? Contact Sam Nestory (she/her/hers) at firstname.lastname@example.org.