- This event has passed.
Volunteer – Fall into Gardening
Stoneleigh: A Natural Garden | Tue, October 02, 2018, 8:30am - 11:00am
Did you know more than 20,000 plants have been installed at Stoneleigh: a natural garden? Whew! Grab garden gloves and join staff and fellow volunteers in weeding, mulching, planting, and other gardening projects.
Volunteering with Natural Lands is a great way to learn more about the natural world, give your time to a great cause, and connect with like-minded people.
Volunteers are welcome at Stoneleigh on 1st and 2nd Tuesdays, and 3rd and 4th Thursdays every month, 8:30 am, at the Welcome Kiosk. Pre-register to let us know you’re coming, so we can plan a project!
For nearly 80 years, Stoneleigh was the home of the Haas family, which donated the property to Natural Lands in 2016 so that it would remain preserved forever.
The property includes stately trees, winding pathways, and lush gardens that were designed by a number of notable landscape architects over the past century—including the Olmsted Brothers, sons of the famed Frederick Law Olmsted.
- Meet at the Welcome Kiosk.
- Dress for the season and wear sturdy shoes.
- Wear long pants and long sleeved shirts—poison ivy and brambles may be present.
- Ticks and bugs are possible; bug spray recommended.
- Sorry, dogs are not permitted at Stoneleigh.
- No experience necessary; instruction will be provided.
- Tools, gloves and water will be provided; bring your own if you’d like.
- Suitable for ages 12+.
- Be prepared to walk on uneven terrain, and get dirty.
- Volunteers contribute valuable time and talents to Natural Lands – thank you for your hard-working efforts!
Event is free. Please complete and submit the secure, on-line registration form below to let us know you are coming, or contact Debbie Beer, email@example.com, 610-353-5587 ext. 266.
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.