Volunteer – Nurture Nature
May 13 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Love nature and want to lend her a helping hand? Grab gloves and join fellow volunteers in removing invasives, nurturing native plants, or restoring habitat. Projects vary, but good fun (and dirt) is guaranteed! Natural Lands cares for more than 23,000 acres and 120 miles of trails, and we couldn’t do it without volunteers like you.
Volunteering with Natural Lands is a great way to learn more about the natural world, give your time to a great cause, and connect with enthusiastic, like-minded people.
The health and safety of staff and volunteers is our highest priority during this volunteer event. Please review all details below then proceed to register.
Before you go:
- Dress for the season and wear sturdy boots to trek muddy, uneven terrain.
- Wear long pants and long sleeved shirt to protect against thorns, brambles and insects.
- Poison ivy may be present; leaders will point it out.
- Ticks and bugs are possible, bugspray recommended.
- Plan to get dirty, and have fun!
- Sorry, dogs are not permitted at this event.
What to bring:
- Bring your own work gloves.
- Bring long-handled loppers, if you have them (a few will be available to borrow).
- Bring a large, FULL water bottle to stay hydrated. You may wish to bring a trail snack, too.
Please help us all stay safe:
- Volunteers must wear a mask during the welcome circle and group gathering, and when you are unable to maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of your household, during this activity. Regardless of vaccination status.
- If you are sick, please stay home.
There are no restrooms; please plan accordingly.
Capacity is limited for this small-group event. If you sign-up, please show up. If you need to cancel, please let us know so another volunteer can attend. All are welcome, ages 12 and up. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Event is free. Please pre-register. Questions? Contact Debbie Beer (she/her/hers) at firstname.lastname@example.org.