- This event has passed.
Volunteer – Tree Planting
Henry Lane Park | Wed, May 08, 2019, 9:30am - 12:00pm
Love nature and want to lend her a helping hand? Grab gloves and give back by planting native trees in Lower Merion Township!
Natural Lands partners with Lower Merion Conservancy to plant at least 50 trees at each of several sites in a week. Together, we’ll enhance community open space, create woodland habitat, and improve air and water quality for the benefit of all.
Volunteering is a great way to learn more about the natural world, give your time to a great cause, and connect with like-minded people.
- Dress for the season and wear sturdy shoes.
- Wear long pants and long sleeved shirts—poison ivy and brambles may be present.
- Bring a water bottle
- Ticks and bugs are possible; bug spray recommended.
- Please leave your four-legged friends at home.
- Be prepared to walk on uneven terrain, and get dirty.
- No experience necessary; instruction will be provided.
- Tools and gloves will be provided; bring your own if you’d like.
- Suitable for ages 12+, accompanied by an adult.
Event is free. Please complete and submit the secure, online registration form below to let us know you are coming. Questions? Contact Debbie Beer, firstname.lastname@example.org, (610) 353-5587, x 266, or call Luke Hamilton on-site (267) 733-2346.
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.