- This event has passed.
Volunteer Vines and Trails
Saunders Woods Preserve | Wed, November 21, 2018, 8:30am - 11:30am
Love nature and want to lend her a helping hand? Grab gloves and pitch in as we tackle trail maintenance, pulling invasives, cutting vines, and other preserve stewardship projects.
Volunteering with Natural Lands is a great way to learn more about the natural world, give your time to a great cause, and connect with like-minded people.
Volunteers are welcome at Saunders Woods Preserve every Wednesday morning, 8:30 am. Pre-register to let us know you’re coming, so we can plan a group project.
Saunders Woods Preserve is a natural oasis for wildlife and community residents in the heart of the Main Line. The Bridlewild Trail passes through the preserve and connects to a wider system of paths that wind through the community. A walk here reveals a lively forest habitat as well as an open meadow that is home to a variety of bird species.
- Dress for the season and wear sturdy shoes.
- Wear long pants and long sleeved shirts—poison ivy and brambles may be present.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Ticks and bugs are possible; bug spray recommended.
- Please leave your four-legged friends at home.
- No experience necessary; instruction will be provided.
- Tools and gloves will be provided; bring your own if you’d like.
- Suitable for ages 12+; minors must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- Be prepared to walk on uneven terrain, and get dirty.
Event is free. Please complete and submit the secure, online registration form below to let us know you are coming, or contact Debbie Beer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-353-5587 ext. 266.
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.