- This event has passed.
Tai Chi Under the Trees
Saunders Woods Preserve |
September 24, 2022 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Saunders Woods is a beautiful backdrop for the ancient practice of Tai Chi, which is composed of slow, deliberate movements, meditation, and deep breathing to enhance physical health and emotional well-being.
Instructor Aimee Alegria Barry from Centaur Tai Chi began studying Yang style Tai Chi and Chi Qi Qong more than 30 years ago. She also holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Aimee’s movement background includes dance, Pilates, and therapeutic horsemanship.
Saunders Woods Preserve is a natural oasis for wildlife and community residents in the heart of the Main Line. The Bridlewild Trail passes through the preserve and connects to a wider system of paths that wind through the community. A walk here reveals a lively forest habitat as well as an open meadow that is home to a variety of bird species.
- Meet in the parking lot.
- Please leave your four-legged friends at home.
- Bring a large, full water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Restrooms will be open during this event.
Help us all stay safe:
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- CDC recommends that people who are not fully vaccinated wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings or during activities that involve sustained close contact with other people. Fully vaccinated people might choose to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings, especially if they or someone in their household is immunocompromised.
- I understand that I am participating in a class/workshop/retreat, offered by Natural Lands, led by Centaur Tai Chi, during which I will receive information and instruction about tai chi and health. I recognize that tai chi may require some physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the class/workshop/retreat. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the class/workshop/retreat.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the class/workshop/retreat, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the class/workshop/retreat, including following the CDC’s and State of Pennsylvania’s guidelines for the correct social distancing rules for COVID-19.
- I recognize that it is my responsibility to notify my teacher of pregnancy, any serious illness or injury before every class.
Natural Lands is able to host more than 100 events a year thanks to the financial support of our members. If you aren’t yet part of our community of members, join us!
Registration required. Please complete and submit the secure, on-line registration form below to let us know you are coming, or call 610-353-5587 ext. 221. $5 Natural Lands member, $10 non-member.
Not already a member, or you need to renew? Purchase membership AND event tickets below!
- $55 new member ticket includes event ticket and one year of Natural Lands membership. As a thanks for your member support, members are able to purchase 2 additional tickets at member price.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Thanks to Natural Lands Year-Long Partner
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.
By registering for this event, I, as the participant, and/or parent or legal guardian of a minor participant, do hereby understand and acknowledge that by participating, in this, or any, Natural Lands’ event or activity, I am agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless Natural Lands, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein).
I further acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Program and related Activities and my and/or the Minor’s experience and capabilities, and believe that I and/or the minor are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation.
I fully understand that: (a) the Program and related Activities involve risks and dangers of damage to personal property and serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my and/or the Minor’s own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” as aforementioned; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I and/or the minor incur as a result of my participation or that of the Minor in the Activity.
I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Natural Lands or any of their “releasees” from all liability, claims, demands, losses, injuries, damage to property, or other damages on my and/or the minor’s account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releasees” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement I, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read this Agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by registering for this event, and have done so freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.