- This event has passed.
The Savoy Company presents: A Gilbert and Sullivan Garden Adventure
August 19, 2023 | 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Online Registration closed. Walk-in tickets are available. Premium tickets sold out.
Savoy Company perform selections from three beloved Gilbert and Sullivan musicals: The Pirates of Penzance, The Mikado, and The Grand Duke.
This concert is performed with a full orchestra, outstanding soloists, and award-winning company chorus, all under the direction of Peter Hilliard, music director for The Savoy Company. Music selections include:
- “Pour, O Pour the Pirate Sherry”
- “Oh, Far Better to Live and Die”
- “Poor Wandering One”
- “When The Foeman Bares His Steel”
- “When a Felon’s Not Engaged in His Employment”
- “The Sun Whose Rays are All Ablaze”
- “Come Bumpers”
- …and much more!
Join us for a magical evening of music in the garden, a perfect way to cap a summer day!
Gates open at 5:00pm. Enjoy a picnic before the performance or a stroll through the garden. Picnicking is also permitted during the performance.
Parking Instructions (please read carefully)
Premium Tickets and Accessible Parking
- Park in Stoneleigh’s parking lot at 1829 East County Line Road, Villanova, PA. Be prepared to stop and check in with our parking attendants.
All Other Tickets (Member, Non-Member, and Under 30)
- Park in the Spring Mill Parking Garage marked on the map below. This garage does not have an official street address so if you are using GPS, use the Villanova Station (SEPTA Regional Rail) as your destination. Once you turn off North Spring Mill Road, follow the red and white Natural Lands “Parking” signs to the parking garage entrance.
- Exit the parking garage and follow the event signs to the corner of Spring Mill Road and County Line Road. This is a 3-minute walk.
- Crossing guards will assist you to Stoneleigh’s pedestrian entrance.
A full program will be available in advance of the performance.
For nearly 80 years, Stoneleigh was the home of the Haas family, which donated the property to Natural Lands in 2016 so that it would remain preserved forever.
The property includes stately trees, winding pathways, and lush gardens that were designed by a number of notable landscape architects over the past century—including the Olmsted Brothers, sons of the famed Frederick Law Olmsted.
before you go.
- Bring your own chair or blanket, unless you bought a premium ticket. Premium ticket holders will have a chair provided.
- The performance is held in the Circle Garden, which is about a 5-7 minute walk from both entrances. Golf carts will be available to transport those with limited mobility.
- No need to print your confirmation email – just be prepared to check in with the name of the person who purchased your ticket.
- The terrain is relatively level. There is about a mile-and-a-half of porous paved pathways and a mile of asphalt roads that are accessible to people who use strollers, wheelchairs, or other mobility aids.
- Accessible bathrooms are available on-site and will be open.
- Service animals are welcome as required by law. Pets are not permitted.
help us all stay safe.
•If you are sick or feeling unwell, please stay home.
•Masking is optional. The CDC recommends masking for those who are at high risk for getting very sick when COVID-19 Community Levels are at Medium and for everyone when COVID-19 Community Levels are at High. People may choose to mask at any time.
Online Registration is closed. Walk in tickets will be available.
$40 per person. No Premium seating available. Please park at the Spring Mill Parking Garage – described above.
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.
By registering for this event, I, as the participant, and/or parent or legal guardian of a minor participant, do hereby understand and acknowledge that by participating, in this, or any, Natural Lands’ event or activity, I am agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless Natural Lands, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein).
I further acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Program and related Activities and my and/or the Minor’s experience and capabilities, and believe that I and/or the minor are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation.
I fully understand that: (a) the Program and related Activities involve risks and dangers of damage to personal property and serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my and/or the Minor’s own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” as aforementioned; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I and/or the minor incur as a result of my participation or that of the Minor in the Activity.
I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Natural Lands or any of their “releasees” from all liability, claims, demands, losses, injuries, damage to property, or other damages on my and/or the minor’s account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releasees” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement I, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read this Agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by registering for this event, and have done so freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.