Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia – Mozart’s Symphony No. 29
Stoneleigh: A Natural Garden |
July 11, 2021 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Natural Lands presents The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia in a new concert series to bring you outdoor, summer evening performances of your favorite classical music. Take in the fresh air and unmistakable sounds of a live orchestra surrounded by the exquisite grounds of Stoneleigh, a natural garden.
- Luigi Mazzocchi, violin
- Mary Yong, viola
Grab your blanket or lawn chair and settle in for this unique, open-air theater experience. Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia will perform Mozart’s Symphony No. 29.
Written when the composer was just 18, the symphony was designed to entertain and delight. Mozart chose to score the work modestly – muted slow movement of reticent courtly style, a crisply energetic minuet, a dashing hunting finale.
- Mozart: Sinfonia Concertante in E-flat
- Mozart: Symphony No. 29 in A Major
Gates open at 5:30 pm; bring a picnic to enjoy as the sun sets. This is a pack in, pack out garden, so please take your trash with you.
The health and safety of staff and guests is our highest priority during this event. Please review “before you go” details. Masks and social distancing are practiced.
For nearly 80 years, Stoneleigh was the home of the Haas family, which donated the property to Natural Lands in 2016 so that it would remain preserved forever.
The property includes stately trees, winding pathways, and lush gardens that were designed by a number of notable landscape architects over the past century—including the Olmsted Brothers, sons of the famed Frederick Law Olmsted.
Parking for the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia is available only at a nearby Villanova University parking garage, unless you bought the premium package. Park and walk one block east on Spring Mill Road, to the intersection with County Line Road. Cross as directed, and enter through the corner gate. The SEPTA Villanova Train Station is a short walk to/from Stoneleigh.
The Stoneleigh parking lot, located at 1829 County Line Road, will be open for handicapped and premium parking only during this special event.
- The Chamber orchestra of Philadelphia (CoP) and Natural Lands have implemented health protocols as recommended by local health officials. CoP and Natural Lands will monitor the changing circumstances and modify plans based on current recommendations and best practices.
- Buyer, and all those with tickets in this order, agree to comply with CoP and Natural Lands health protocols at all times while at the concert venue.
- CoP reserves the right to refuse admission or remove any guest from the venue that fails to comply with protocols posted at the entrance. In such instances, CoP will refund the price printed on the ticket to the account used to purchase.
- By visiting Stoneleigh: a natural garden you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to CoVid-19.
- Purchase of tickets acknowledges consent to CoP and Natural Lands policies.
- Ticket policies are subject to change.
- Wear a mask if you are unable to maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not members of your household (as required by the order issued on July 1, 2020 by the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health).
- Some facilities are closed at this time, including the Main House and drinking fountains. You can download a map of Stoneleigh here. Restrooms will be available for this event.
- Seating and furniture are available for use but should be used with caution, as we are unable to sanitize them between each use.
- If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick, please do not enter the garden.
- Event gates open at 5:30 pm.
- Please pack up your trash, even biodegradable materials like food scraps, and take it with you when you leave.
- Rain Date: July 18
- Sorry, dogs are not permitted at Stoneleigh.
Registration required to reserve your spot. Please complete and submit the secure, on-line registration form below, or call 610-353-5587 ext. 221.
- Premium Seating – Enjoy complimentary VIP parking on-site, a comfortable cushioned chair, and the best seats in the garden.
- General Seating – A chair is provided alongside free parking at Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law.
- Lawn Seating – Bring a blanket from home for our most affordable option.
Select your single ticket seating:
- Premium: $95
- General: $55
- Lawn: $30
Attend all three for a discount! Choose the Concert Package Seating:
- Premium: $80 per concert | $240
- General: $46 per concert | $138
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.
By registering for this event, I, as the participant, and/or parent or legal guardian of a minor participant, do hereby understand and acknowledge that by participating, in this, or any, Natural Lands’ event or activity, I am agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless Natural Lands, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein).
I further acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Program and related Activities and my and/or the Minor’s experience and capabilities, and believe that I and/or the minor are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation.
I fully understand that: (a) the Program and related Activities involve risks and dangers of damage to personal property and serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my and/or the Minor’s own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” as aforementioned; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I and/or the minor incur as a result of my participation or that of the Minor in the Activity.
I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Natural Lands or any of their “releasees” from all liability, claims, demands, losses, injuries, damage to property, or other damages on my and/or the minor’s account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releasees” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement I, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read this Agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by registering for this event, and have done so freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.