A Christmas Carol: A Ghost Story
Stoneleigh: A Natural Garden |
December 12, 2021 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
A Christmas Carol: A Ghost Story is a solo adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic work. A Christmas Carol recounts the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, an elderly miser who is visited by the ghost of his former business partner Jacob Marley and the spirits of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come. After their visits, Scrooge is transformed into a kinder, gentler man.
This one-man performance of A Christmas Carol is by Philadelphia actor Josh Hitchens, where the play goes back to the book’s roots as a ghost story and celebrates the power of storytelling.
Join Natural Lands in an intimate and spirited evening of theatre that everyone in the family will love. Doors open at 2:30 pm, performance starts at 3:00 pm. Performance will be held in the Main House.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s) or negative COVID-19 test REQUIRED for entry. Please see below Before You Go section for more details.
For nearly 80 years, Stoneleigh was the home of the Haas family, which donated the property to Natural Lands in 2016 so that it would remain preserved forever.
The property includes stately trees, winding pathways, and lush gardens that were designed by a number of notable landscape architects over the past century—including the Olmsted Brothers, sons of the famed Frederick Law Olmsted.
- During check-in, please have your vaccination card or you negative COVID test readily available.
- Performance will be held in the Main House. Masks are mandatory.
- Parking is available at the main Stoneleigh parking lot.
- Courtesies: Please remember to turn off all cell phones and other electronic devices prior to the performance. Photography and video recording of the performance is prohibited.
- Late Arrival: Latecomers will be seated by volunteers.
- Buyer, and all those with tickets in this order, agree to comply with Natural Lands’ health protocols at all times while at the venue.
- Sorry, dogs are not permitted at Stoneleigh.
- Stoneleigh features more than a mile of porous-paved walking paths.
- The paths are accessible for people of all abilities.
Help us all stay safe:
Natural Lands have implemented health protocols as recommended by local health officials. We will monitor the changing circumstances and modify plans based on current recommendations and best practices.
- In adherence to Montgomery County guidance, event participants must wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status, when they cannot maintain at least 6 feet distance from people who do not live in their household. This applies to all indoor and outdoor events. We are asking EVERYONE to wear a mask during this performance.
- The health and safety of Natural Lands’ guests, staff, volunteers, vendors, and artists remains our top priority. Due to the nature of this event, all guests 12 years of age or older will be required to show proof of full COVID vaccination or negative COVID test. “Full COVID vaccination” means that a guest has received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the event. Negative COVID test must be within three days of the event.
- Accepted forms include a physical vaccine card or digital photo of your vaccine card on your cell phone with your name on it and vaccination date(s), or a copy of negative COVID test results.
- By visiting Stoneleigh: a natural garden you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to CoVid-19.
- Purchase of tickets acknowledges consent to Natural Lands policies.
- Ticket policies are subject to change.
- If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick, please do not enter the garden.
Registration required to reserve your spot. Please complete and submit the secure, on-line registration form below, or email email@example.com. $25 Natural Lands member, $35 non-member, $15 children 12 and under,
Not already a member, or you need to renew? Purchase membership AND event tickets below!
$75 new member ticket includes event ticket and one year of Natural Lands membership. As a thanks for your member support, members are able to purchase 2 additional tickets at member price.
Events may be cancelled due to inclement weather or low registration. In that case, we will make every effort to update our website and contact registrants. Note that we cannot offer refunds of paid registrations or ticket purchases, but rest assured that your donation will help us in our work to save open space, care for nature, and connect people to the outdoors.
Attendance at Natural Lands programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and electronic media. Images will not be identified using full names without written approval from the individual. Please notify Natural Lands staff if you would prefer that your photo not be used.
By registering for this event, I, as the participant, and/or parent or legal guardian of a minor participant, do hereby understand and acknowledge that by participating, in this, or any, Natural Lands’ event or activity, I am agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless Natural Lands, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein).
I further acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Program and related Activities and my and/or the Minor’s experience and capabilities, and believe that I and/or the minor are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation.
I fully understand that: (a) the Program and related Activities involve risks and dangers of damage to personal property and serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my and/or the Minor’s own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” as aforementioned; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I and/or the minor incur as a result of my participation or that of the Minor in the Activity.
I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue Natural Lands or any of their “releasees” from all liability, claims, demands, losses, injuries, damage to property, or other damages on my and/or the minor’s account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releasees” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement I, the Minor, or anyone on the Minor’s behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I have read this Agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by registering for this event, and have done so freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.