A legacy of generosity and commitment to Natural Lands Trust.
Our organization began in 1953 as the Philadelphia Conservationists, a group of avid birdwatchers who came together to protect the marshes at Tinicum along the Delaware River—now the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge—and found themselves at the vanguard of the private conservation movement.
Sixty years later, Natural Lands Trust continues to work actively and successfully to advance conservation in our region thanks to the next vanguard—the Conservationists, whose annual membership gifts of $1,000 or more perpetuate our legacy of leadership in saving land, stewarding natural resources, and connecting people to nature.
Members of the Conservationists enjoy a variety of programs and opportunities including:
- Access to exclusive programming
- Guaranteed admission to membership field outings and learning opportunities
- Advance purchase opportunities for signature sell-out events
- Annual calendar featuring Natural Lands Trust’s preserves
- Natural Lands, the biannual magazine of Natural Lands Trust
Natural Lands Trusts recognizes members and donors for 10 or more consecutive years in our loyal giving group, the White Oak Society.